Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Loving Family

The  important thing for any person to know is that their parents love them.
Tell each of your children every day that you love them! You tell your wife or husband, don't you? (If not, you better work on that first) Tell your children too! It is important for young people to know, as they interact with people in the world that their parents love them 100%, especially their Dad. This gives children the reasons and the courage to do what they know is right rather than whatever their friends may be touting as the great new thing.
We often make decisions based on our needs rather than on what we ought to do. Perhaps it should not be that way; but think about a person who has just fallen into the water. All his efforts are based on getting to the surface so he can breathe again. If a person has not been able to eat for many days he may eat things he normally would not eat or he may even steal some food. Satisfaction of our physical needs is a strong natural drive in each of us.
If a person has all their physical needs satisfied they then begin to try to satisfy their emotional needs. The most important emotional need we have is to feel that our physical needs will continue to be met. That is called security.
In the normal family, much of the security comes from the actions of the father. He is supposed to protect the family from physical harm. He is supposed to provide for the needs of the family through his work. He usually makes and enforces the rules for safety and peace. He is supposed to ensure some emotional stability in the family, keeping cool and not 'flying off the handle' in difficult situations.
I will speak about MOTHERS in my next entry. 

4 comments:

  1. OK! I will try to tell my kids to love them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blogger, What IS a "normal" family? Is there such a thing? And why is the father figure more important than the mother figure? My father is a wonderful dad, but the one who made decisions and guided the family was always my mom. They had a division of labor: Mom took care of the kids education and the house, dad brought in the money. Dad never made a decision without my mom's influence. I come from a matriarcal society, many of my friends are women who supported their families for years because their husbands had lost the job, it was the women who kept the emotional stability in the family. And I don't think there is anythign wrong with this. Unfortunately, I am a single parent, a widower. I wish my daughter had a father because she does miss the "father" figure" But this does not mean that she is not emotionally stableor that she is not safe. Just food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you , my family is EXACTLY the same way.I want to write about mothers in next entry.Maybe I had to mention it at the end of the paragraph. Thank you so much for your beautiful comment.It reminds me of my family,,I miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am so lucky person to have a great family who cares about me a lot. My mother is such a lovely woman who gives us so much love and attention. "And thank you for a house full of people I love." Amen. ~Terri Guillemets

    ReplyDelete